Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so here is a quick little round up of special V-Day themed menus around the city we thought you’d like to take advantage of. From mouth-watering chocolate to an amazing night out filled with dinner and amazing wines — there’s something for everyone here.
A personal favourite of ours, Chef Christophe and his team create amazing works of art that you can eat, too! This year they have three new bonbon-filled chocolate sculptures and a few new pastry desserts to choose from for Valentine’s:
- Puckering Prince – a bright-green, fanciful frog with a crown on its head ($17.95)
- Playing Koi – features a lily pad and two koi fish, a symbol for good luck ($19.95)
- Love Locked – with a classic red heart lock and key ($15.95)
- Garden of Love – featuring passionfruit curd, milk chocolate bavaroise, dark chocolate shell and chocolate crumble ($6.20)
- Velour comprised of red velvet sponge, lemon yogurt mousse, pistachio ganache, pistachio beet chocolate crunch, and raspberry jam. ($6.20)
Address: 4717 Hastings Street, Burnaby
Wildebeest are offering a “ Table for Two” and “Double Date” rates for Valentines Day evening. If you’re in the mood for food like Duck Carpaccio, Porcini Risotto, Seared Ling Cod, Game Lasagna and a special dessert course of Earl Grey Panna Cotta… than this place is for you!
- Valentine’s Day Table for Two – $169.74
- Valentine’s Day Double Date – $314.88
Address: 120 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
Treat that special someone to an indulgent Valentine’s Day feast with one of these epic Ocean Wise seafood platters. Let F.I.S.H. do all the cooking for you… all you need to do is add champagne, a little candlelight and some sexy music!
- F.I.S.H. Platter – 1 Cooked Lobster or Crab, 4 Spot Prawns, Squid Salad and Salmon Spread ($48 +tax)
- Seafood Lover – 1 Cooked Lobster & Crab, 4 Spot Prawns, Squid Salad, Salmon Spread and 4pc Salmon Sashimi ($78 +tax)
- The Ultimate – 1 Cooked Lobster & Crab, 8 Spot Prawns, Squid Salad, Salmon Spread, Smoked Olives, 4pc Albacore Sashimi and 4pc Salmon Sashimi ($88 +tax)
Address: 2959 West Broadway, Vancouver / #180 – 7515 Market Crossing, Burnaby
Champagne is always a good idea on Valentine’s Day! For the first time ever, The Dirty Apron (in partnership with Good Wine Gal Barb) is offering a Champagne tasting and education class, featuring six different champagne styles. Guests will also be served an array of fine small plate pairings, prepared and presented by Chef David himself. ($155 per person)
- Dungeness Crab Ravioli, Tarragon Lemon Cream, soft and crispy Parmesan
- Seared Beef Carpaccio, Foie Gras Terrine, toasted Hazelnuts, salted Brioche
- Lobster Red Thai Curry, coconut rice; and for the grand finish
- White and Dark Chocolate Ganache, slivered Pistachios, brown Butter Caramel
Address: 540 Beatty Street, Vancouver
Whether you’re meeting for a first date or celebrating with your longstanding Valentine, Crowbar’s share-style steak dinner, romantic cocktail feature and intimate atmosphere will have you falling in love. On Valentine’s Day, Crowbar will be dishing up an exclusive set dinner to seven lucky couples. So seats are extremely limited! ($100 per couple)
Address: 646 Kingsway Street, Vancouver
Have you dinned at Homer St. before? If so than you might recognize some of the new and old favourites on this Valentines Day menu. Start with your choice of Cured Beef Heart with beet tartare or Seared Tuna with fennel followed by Steelhead with mussel and leek chowder, and pork lardon. Then finish your meal off with one of their delicious desserts! ($65 per person)
Address: 898 Homer Street, Vancouver
Expect the extraordinary at The Westin Bayshore this month, with sweet accommodation packages and romance on the menus at H2 Rotisserie & Bar and H Tasting Lounge.
- H2 Rotisserie & Bar’s lively, aphrodisiac-inspired ingredients like fig, pomegranate, passion fruit, prawns, scallops, beef, asparagus and chocolate fondue sweep you off your feet. This three-course (plus inter-mezzo) Valentine’s Day Fresh Sheet menu is $90 per couple, and is served to you and yours family-style.
- The Bayshore’s new elegant H Tasting Lounge promises to fly you both to the moon with three indulgent courses that include local oysters with Canadian sturgeon caviar, aburi sashimi, beef wellington for two, and Belgium dark chocolate fondue. Treat yourself and your loved one to this share-style meal for $180 per couple.
Both menus feature suggested pairings ranging from adventurous gin cocktails to BC wines like Synchromesh Riesling to a small coupe of Piper Heidsieck Brut champagne, although of course, there are many options, including local craft beer flights.
Address: 1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver
Maenam is celebrating Valentine’s Day with a four-course set menu available only on February 14th so you can treat your special someone to an exquisite Thai meal that is sure to dazzle the palate. Choose between an array of hot, sour, sweet and salty dishes, featuring flavourful meat and seafood. A full vegetarian menu is also available for the evening. ($80 per person)
Address: 1934 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
This Valentine’s Day, TWG Tea invites you to embrace the season of flowers and romance with TWG Tea’s collection inspired by the blush hues of the delicate rose. Capturing the essence of love in a sensual Darjeeling tea blended with delicate rose blossoms, Amour de Thé is an enchanting potion elegantly packaged in blush pink and gold caviar tin tea and gift box, making it the ideal gift to dazzle the hearts.
Address: 1070 West Georgia Street, Vancouver