Root veggies have got to be our favourite to roast, and this warming winter salad is just another reason to crank the oven.
Roasted Root Vegetable and Farro Salad by The Food Gays
- 8-10 field carrots (1 bunch), whole (split them lengthwise if they’re large or chunky)
- brussels sprouts, halved
- sweet potato, cubed (same size as sprouts)
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- few thyme and rosemary leaves
- pinch of flaky sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup farro
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- ½ lemon, juiced
Heat oven to 375. On a foil-lined pan, toss carrots, brussels sprouts, and sweet potato with extra virgin olive oil until well coated. Season with flaky sea salt, black pepper, thyme and rosemary leaves. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until everything is fork tender.
Meanwhile, cook the farro according to package directions. Fluff with fork, and set aside. In a small mason jar, combine yogurt, tahini, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Season with flaky sea salt and black pepper. Seal with lid, and shake viperously to emulsify. Set farro on a serving dish, then top with roasted vegetables and dressing. Serve immediately.