When you just don’t know what to make for dinner, a simple and nutritious paella is always a great bet. This healthy version is packed with vibrant seasonal veggies like asparagus, peas and long beans. Feel free to substitute any that you have on hand!
Veggie Paella with Almonds and Microgreens by The Food Gays
- 1 teaspoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup long green beans
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed
- ½ cup peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup long green beans, halved
- ⅓ cup roasted bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted
- microgreens, to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in frying pan. Add shallot and cook until tender, around two to three minutes.
- Add garlic, parsley, salt, turmeric, paprika and vegetable seasoning to the pan. Stir together.
- Add rice. Cook another two to three minutes before adding chickpeas and broth.
- Stir in vegetables and cook another minute or so. Bring to a boil, then simmer with lid on until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes, toasted almonds and microgreens (optional).