With bright flavours and bold colours, this summer stunner is just what you need to beat the heat. Made with spicy fresh arugula, grilled paprika-dusted prawns and all the taco fixings, this right here is summer time in a bowl.
Taco Salad Bowl with Grilled Prawns by The Food Gays
- 12 fresh prawns, shelled and skewered
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 ¾ arugula
- 1 ¾ spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup black beans
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅛ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- ⅓ aged cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- lime wedges (optional)
- greek yogurt (optional)
- Heat your grill to medium. Season the prawns with chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Grill two minutes on each side, until the prawns are cooked and have a slight char. Set aside to cool at room temperature before removing skewers.
- Wash and dry spinach and arugula. Arrange in two bowls, then top with avocado slices, black beans, grape tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, aged cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
- Make the vinaigrette. In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake vigorously until emulsified, then drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges and greek yogurt.