What’s your favorite thing about summer – besides the sunshine?
For us it would have to be cold desserts, so when we heard that Billy over at Wit & Vinegar was organizing year two of Popsicle Week – an entire week dedicated to pretty-looking frozen stuff on sticks across the blogosphere – we knew we had to get in on all the ‘sticky’ fun.
Raspberry and coconut already work brilliantly together, and when paired up with fresh kiwi, the trio is a knock-out flavor punch. Tart, rich and velvety smooth, these babies will surely satisfy your summer sweet tooth (and keep you super cooooool, too).
An ode to Summer. Give this recipe a try next time you’ve got some fruit you need to use up at home!
- 2 pints Raspberries
- 5 Kiwis
- 1 can Coconut Cream
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Puree raspberry with sugar, juice of half a lemon, and the zest of the entire lemon.
- Puree kiwi with honey and juice of half a lemon.
- Separate coconut cream from water, and whip until slightly soft peaks appear. Do not over whip, or the mixture will become too difficult to work with.
- Gently fold raspberry mixture into whipped coconut. Transfer to popsicle molds, and fill until about 1/3 to top. Insert popsicle sticks and top with kiwi puree until full.
- Freeze overnight, and allow to sit at room temperature about 2-3 minutes before serving.