Ready in 15 minutes, these easy and delicious flatbread pizzas have got it going on!
Pita Flatbread Pizzas with Pancetta, Blue Cheese and Pistachio
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- 3 wholewheat pita flatbreads
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 100 g pancetta thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup pistachios shelled
- micro greens to garnish (optional)
Make the sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, pecorino cheese, capers, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and black pepper. Blend until completely smooth, set aside.
Heat oven to 400F. Spread the sauce out on the flatbreads. Top with red onions, tomatoes and pancetta. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then switch oven to broil for another 1-2 minutes.
Finish with dots of blue cheese, and garnish with pistachios and micro greens (optional). Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.