Ready in mere minutes, this easy and delicious soup is hearty enough to enjoy as a meal. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, a regular pressure cooker will work just fine.
Instant Pot Carrot Fennel Ginger Soup
- 1 cup red onion roughly diced
- 2 cups fennel roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger finely chopped
- 4 cups carrot roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
Set Instant Pot to Saute. Add oil to the Instant Pot, along with the red onion, fennel and ginger. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the carrots to the Instant Pot, followed by the stock. Season with garlic powder, and salt to taste.
Close lid and press the Manual button. Set the Instant Pot to Pressure (High) for 12 minutes. When the timer goes off, carefully release the steam valve using a cold, wet cloth. Once complete, remove lid and blend together using an immersion blender. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste.