Tomato season is short and sweet, so we’re eating as many of them as we can right now. This simple and elegant salad is perfect for company, and comes together in mere minutes.
Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad
- 3 heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 8 oz. Italian burrata cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic pearls
- good pinch of lavender salt see note
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- edible flowers optional, to garnish
- grilled sourdough bread to serve
Slice tomatoes and lay out on a serving platter, along with the burrata. Sprinkle with lavender salt, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and garnish with basil and edible flowers. Serve with grilled sourdough bread.
Note: We make our own lavender salt by combining dried lavender buds with Maldon.