There’s only a few weeks left of summer, so we’d suggest you whip up a batch of this tasty salad and hit the patio, stat.
Goji Berry Farro Caprese Salad
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup baby bocconcini cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup peperoncino sliced (pickled hot peppers)
- 1/3 cup sweet drop peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh goji berries
- 1 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- flaky sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
Prepare the farro according to package directions. Drain any excess water, then transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator 10-15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
In a small bowl, combine red onion, baby bocconcini cheese, kalamata olives, sweet drop peppers, goji berries, tomatoes and lemon zest. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make the dressing. In a small mason jar, combine lemon juice, dill, extra virgin olive oil, honey, garlic and salt. Seal with lid, and shake well to emulsify.
Just before serving, combine the farro and tomato mixture together. Toss with dressing, and garnish with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Fresh goji berries can be a challenge to find. If you live within the Metro Vancouver area, we urge you to check out Gojoy, whose quality, locally-grown products can be found at grocers across the city. Visit their website for more information.